Here are 5 Things that HR Professionals and Leaders Should be Doing Right Now:
- Cyber-security: With more of our workforce working remotely, security of our data is more important than ever.Review your policy for limits and assignment of liabilities.Talk to your providers.
- Perpetuating culture: Continue to do all the things that make your company an amazing place to be, just do it remotely.Birthday announcements, daily chats and virtual happy hours are a great way to stay connected when we are all so distant.
- 401k fiduciary meeting: Whether you’ve never met before or you have a committee that meets every quarter, an independent meeting is needed in these times.If an auditor were to come in and you didn’t have meeting notes from a time when market volatility is as high as it has ever been, it would be difficult to explain that away.
- Mental wellness: Take some time for yourself.You are the face of the company for a majority if not all the employees.Taking a 5-minute break for yourself when needed can go a long way in dealing with everything and everyone.
- Check-in with your people: People always have a lot going on in their lives and we can’t assume that we know how everyone is dealing with things.Reach out to your population.Find out what they have going on.
“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity” – Sun Tzu. We are without a doubt in the middle of a chaotic time. That time will pass and people will remember how you made them feel during a time that was stressful in so many ways. We all have the opportunity right now to reinforce why we are in the positions we are all in.